Sunday, 23rd February – 18:00
Our water treatment works in Mayhill, Monmouth is now operational and supplying clean, fresh drinking water direct to customers’ taps. We still have some workers on site and will keep some tankers in the area as a precautionary measure for the next 24hours or so. Thank you #Monmouth for your support and patience over the past week. Diolch!
What is WaterSure?
WaterSure is a scheme that is available to customers who already have a water meter or opt in to have a water meter fitted. WaterSure can help low income households who receive a qualifying benefit or tax credit, a large family or a family member with a certain medical condition that requires the extra use of water by capping your annual charge for the year.
The WaterSure Wales charge from 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020 is £327.40 (£136.26 for water, £191.14 for sewerage).
You must receive at least one of the following benefits / tax credits
- Income Support
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (except families in receipt of the family element only)
- Universal Credit
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
You have 3 or more children under the age of 19, living at your home who you can claim Child Benefit for.
You or a member of your household has a medical condition that requires SIGNIFICANT use of extra water
Examples of medical conditions
- Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
- Weeping Skin (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
- Abdominal Stoma
- Crohn's Disease
- Renal failure requiring home dialysis (except where the healthy authority contributes to the cost of the dialysis
- Other: another medical condition which requires the use of a significant amount of extra water
You don't meet the requirements if...
- You don't have a water meter fitted at your property. If you'd like to have a meter fitted to qualify, please complete the WaterSure Wales application form, including the meter application form on page 5.
- You water your garden with a non-handheld appliance, such as a sprinkler or domestic irrigation system.
- You have a swimming pool or pond with a capacity of over 10,000 litres.
- The property you're applying for isn't your main home.
- Your property is used for commercial purposes.
- You share payment of your bill with your neighbour(s)
If you've checked that you meet the requirements above, please download the WaterSure Wales application form below
The UK's leading debt advice Charity