Wrap up Wales
Protect your pipes this winter
Winter weather increases the risk of burst water pipes in your house with all of the expense and hassle that brings.
It's cheap and easy
Welsh Water has teamed up with Aqualogic to provide our customers with a pipe lagging kit that will significantly reduce the risk of burst pipes this winter and costs just £5 (RRP = £12.60).
Click here to order online. You would need to enter your postcode for the Winter Lagging Kit Offer to see if you are eligible for the discount, or call 0844 324 0844 to order your kit now.
What else should you do?
- Make sure you know the location of your stop tap so you can reach it quickly in an emergency (TIP: It's often under the kitchen sink.)
- Make sure any exposed pipes are wrapped or lagged and consider insulating your loft.
- Keep your heating on low if leaving premises empty.
- Keep an eye out for frozen pipes, bursts or leaks.
What have we done?
- We’ve “winterised” many water treatment works and facilities so they can cope with temperatures as low as -20C.
- Our Customer Contact Centre can now handle a big increase in calls if we get a big winter freeze.
- If we do get burst pipes this winter we now have over 400 people dedicated to leakage control to make sure we continue providing water 24/7.
ACT NOW before it's too late!
Click here to order online. You will need to enter your postcode for the Winter Lagging Kit Offer to see if you are eligible for the discount OR Call 0844 324 0844 and order your kit now.
Click here to watch our ‘show me how to lag’ video
Click here for further advice and guidance on preparing for Winter