Dwr Cymru Welsh Water


We've matched this to your question:

I have a blockage what should I do

If there is a strong or unusual smell around the sewer man holes, or water is draining slowly you might have a blockage.

Report the blockage to us

You can report any blockages to us using our Report a blockage form which can be found here

Call a private contractor for help

If the blockage is on a pipe that only collects wastewater from your property, and which lies inside your home or within the boundary of your property, it is your responsibility. We recommend that you contact a reputable drainage contractor. The costs of fixing any faults on this pipework will be yours or your home insurers.

Call Dwr Cymru for help

Pipes that drain your own home, but lie outside your boundary, and pipes serving both you and your neighbours are likely to be the responsibility of Dwr Cymru. Call us on 0800 085 3968 to report the blockage, or if you would prefer you can chat to us online.

Call Dwr Cymru to check

If you are unsure of the location of the blockage or whose responsibility it is, you can review the ‘My responsibilities' page where there is further explanation, or you can call us on 0800 085 3968 to report the blockage.  If you would prefer you can chat to us online.

Still unsure? Speak to an agent