26 November 2015 (06.30)
Damage caused by a third party road contractor to one of our water mains is affecting drinking water supplies to customers in Abercarn, Cross Keys, Ynysddu and surrounding areas.
Our engineers have worked throughout the night to fix the problem and will continue to do so throughout the day today. This is a large, very high pressure water main and a significant amount of water was lost through the damage. Both the safety of our people and the needs of our customers remains our key priority.
We anticipate that water supplies should begin to return during the course of the day however some customers may experience intermittent supplies as work to repair the pipe continues.
Further information can be found here
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Welsh Water is owned by Glas Cymru a single purpose company with no shareholders and is run solely for the benefit of customers.
At Welsh Water our aim is to get things right first time, every time. We aim to continually improve our service by listening to, and acting upon, our customers’ feedback.
- We didn’t respond quickly enough to calls about blockages in your sewer
- You want to be told easily and quickly when your water supply is interrupted unexpectedly
- You didn’t want estimated meter bills, you want a bill that reflects how much water you actually used
- Changed our response time to calls from 12 hours to 4 hours. See Wastewater Services for more information
- Introduced a texting system; we will send a text to your mobile, or a recorded message to your landline, when we are planning to do work in your area that may affect your water supply. See what’s going on in your area for more information
- Read over 20,000 more meters than this time last year – with over 99% of all water meters being read
And from feedback about our Website
- Improved the navigation to help you find content more easily
- Added easy to use buttons taking you directly to our most commonly used services
- Improved the information displayed on the planned work area, making it easier to find out if there’s planned work in your area
- Made it easy for you to set up a direct debit to pay your bill
- Added a wide range of ‘show me’ how to videos
- Made it easy to pay your bill online
- Introduced live chat with a customer advisor